Internet-Webhosting Live Chat
My site is down! Help!
Posted by Senior Sales & Support (Import) on 06 June 2006 12:43 PM
Before submitting a trouble ticket, if you can't reach your website, please:|
1) Check theÂ News page at our Support Area.
2) Check our Network Status page to see if the server your account is on is reporting any problems. If the Network Status page shows a problem with the server, we are already aware of the problem and our techs are working to correct it. If there are no problems reported...proceed to step 3:
3) Check to see if your domain name has expired. There is a "Domain Search" on the main page of our site, where you can run a search on your domain. This search will show you the expiration date, as well as a wealth of other information regarding your domain name. You can use other Whois engines to find your domain name expiry date. Two popular ones are: http://www.completewhois.com or http://www.betterwhois.com
4) AskÂ a remote friend or familyÂ member toÂ see if theyÂ can reach your site. The problem could simply be a local ISP network issue.
5) If step 1 through 4 yields no resolution for you, feel free to submit a support ticket.
IMPORTANT TIP: A "site outage" does not always indicate a problem with your hosting account or domain name.
The internet is like a big spiderweb of connections and computers. If one of those connections goes down, and it happens to be directly in the path from your computer to our network, you may not be able to reach your website. However, anyone on a different path may still be able to reach your site.